AWS Step Functions
- AWS Step Functions lets you coordinate multiple AWS services into serverless workflows so you can build and update apps quickly.
- Using Step Functions, you can design and run workflows that stitch together services such as AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS into feature-rich applications.
- Amazon MQ is a managed message broker service for Apache ActiveMQ that makes it easy to set up and operate message brokers in the cloud.
- Message brokers allow different software systems–often using different programming languages, and on different platforms–to communicate and exchange information.
- SQS is a way to de-couple your infrastructure.
- SQS is apull based service.
- Messages are kept in queue from 1 minute to 14 days, defult retention period is 4 days.
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS) is a fully managed message queuing service that enables you to decouple and scale microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications.
- Using SQS, you can send, store, and receive messages between software components at any volume, without losing messages or requiring other services to be available.
- SQS offers two types of message queues.
- Standard queues offer maximum throughput, best-effort ordering, and at-least-once delivery.
- SQS FIFO queues are designed to guarantee that messages are processed exactly once, in the exact order that they are sent.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS) is a highly available, durable, secure, fully managed pub/sub messaging service that enables you to decouple microservices, distributed systems, and serverless applications.
- Amazon SNS provides topics for high-throughput, push-based, many-to-many messaging.
- Using Amazon SNS topics, your publisher systems can fan out messages to a large number of subscriber endpoints for parallel processing,
- Amazon Simple Workflow (Amazon SWF) helps developers build, run, and scale background jobs that have parallel or sequential steps