AWS Cost Explorer
- AWS Cost Explorer has an easy-to-use interface that lets you visualize, understand, and manage your AWS costs and usage over time.
- Get started quickly by creating custom reports (including charts and tabular data) that analyze cost and usage data, both at a high level (e.g., total costs and usage across all accounts) and for highly-specific requests.
- AWS Budgets gives you the ability to set custom budgets that alert you when your costs or usage exceed (or are forecasted to exceed) your budgeted amount.
- You can also use AWS Budgets to set RI utilization or coverage targets and receive alerts when your utilization drops below the threshold you define.
- RI alerts support Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon ElastiCache reservations.
AWS Cost & Usage Report
- The AWS Cost & Usage Report is a single location for accessing comprehensive information about your AWS costs and usage.
- The AWS Cost & Usage Report lists AWS usage for each service category used by an account and its IAM users in hourly or daily line items, as well as any tags that you have activated for cost allocation purposes.
- You can also customize the AWS Cost & Usage Report to aggregate your usage data to the daily or monthly level.