Types of Roles
Snowflake has five system-defined roles that are automatically created when a Snowflake account is provisioned:
- · ACCOUNTADMIN (Account Administrator)
- · SYSADMIN (System Administrator)
- · SECURITYADMIN (Security Administrator)
- · USERADMIN (User and Role Administrator)
- · ORGADMIN (Organization Administrator)
These roles are designed to provide built-in access controls and permissions for Snowflake objects and resources. The privileges of each role are inherited by all roles above it.
The primary intended purpose of each role is:
- · ACCOUNTADMIN: Reserved for system configuration.
- · SECURITYADMIN: Used for user and role management.
- · USERADMIN: Used for user and role management.
- · SYSADMIN: Used to manage databases, schemas, and tables